Blackjack is a popular game in most online casinos worldwide. It is fun playing the game, but you have to learn how to play it lest you blow your cash. Besides, there are various unique Blackjack variants, each with its rules. Therefore, it is crucial to understand the rules of the specific variant you would like to play before committing your funds to it.
Even though there are numerous Blackjack variations, there are popular ones you will find at most online casinos. They include the following:
- European Blackjack: You, the player, are allowed to decide how to play the cards you are dealt before the dealer gets their hole card
- American Blackjack: The dealer receives their hole card before you decide how to play your cards
- Blackjack Switch: In Blackjack Switch, players receive two hands to play independently. After that, you can switch the second cards the dealer deals to the two hands, hence the name Blackjack Switch
Common Differences between Blackjack Variants
Blackjack games may differ in various aspects. However, there are common differences across different types of the game. Here they are:
Splitting the Cards
Different Blackjack games will allow you to split your cards up to a specific number of times. For instance, European Blackjack allows you to split your cards once per hand. On the other hand, American Blackjack will let you split your cards up to a maximum of three times.
Soft 17 for the Dealer
In some Blackjack variants, the dealer stands on soft 17. There are others where the dealer must hit on soft 17.
Rules to Follow When Playing Blackjack
Yes, we said every Blackjack game has its rules. However, there are rules that apply to most variants of the game. Here are some of them:
- Place your bets before you are dealt your cards
- Your score shouldn’t exceed 21
- You only hit when you want more cards
- Stand if you are satisfied with your cards
- You must be dealt two face-up cards
How to Play Online Blackjack
It is easy to play Blackjack once you have the rules on your fingertips. The basic moves include hitting and standing. Here are the steps involved in playing the game:
1. You choose the Blackjack game you want to play.
2. Place your wager and wait to be dealt your cards.
3. After dealing you two cards, the dealer will show you their cards.
4. You can double your bet if you want before hitting.
5. Ask for more cards if you want. This is known as hitting.
6. Stand when you are happy with your cards, and you are ready to play your hand.
7. If the combination of your cards exceeds the dealer’s, you win. On the other hand, you lose when the sum of your cards is beyond 21 or lower than that of the dealer’s cards. Blackjack is a game you can learn and enjoy playing with ease. For beginners, it is wise to start with smaller wagers when playing for real money. So, learn the game and play like a pro.